Face the World's International Partners are responsible for many tasks, including but not limited to:
- Representing itself as the local marketing and service representative for the program, in accordance with U.S. J-1 student visa laws, and regulations and standard procedures.
- Interviewing and screening all students who apply to the program. Each student must meet specific requirements for admission to the program.
- Acting as the primary liaison between students, their families and Face the World and forwarding monthly progress reports to families concerning the student’s stay in the U.S.
- Provides all students with formal pre-departure student orientation and assist students in preparing and adapting for their program.
- Informing students of Face the World's Terms of Participation and notify all students and families that if the rules are not followed that students could be removed from program and sent home at their expense.
- Collecting the program fee for all students and transfer to Face the World
- Observing at all times the highest standards of truthful advertising, honesty in handling student and family funds, and good business ethics.
- Collecting all fees for the program (for F-1, prior to distributing the 1-20 Form) and wiring payment to Face the World.
- Securing a round trip international and domestic (if needed) flights for the student’s arrival and departure from their host community. Arrival flight itineraries must be approved by Face the World prior to booking flight.
- Being available 24/7 for any emergency issues.
Please note that Face the World's need for new international partners varies from country-to-country.