Hosting an exchange student is a rewarding and life-changing experience for your family, creating a unique opportunity to experience other cultures and establish lifelong bonds.
Make Dreams Come True
Living and going to school in the US, and experiencing the American way of life is a dream come true for most exchange students. As a culturally diverse nation, we have a lot of values to share with international teens, including tolerance, equality, social justice, free speech, volunteerism and an entrepreneurial spirit.
There is no "Typical" Host Family
A Face the World host parent can be married, single, retired, with children or no children – a first time parent or a grandparent - there is no "typical" host family.
The Rewards of Becoming a Host Family
- Gain an international son, daughter, or sibling
- Experience a new family dynamic or parenthood
- Expand your family’s horizons, connect them to the world and expose them to new cultures
- Create lifelong memories and potential relationships between your family and the student
- Feel good about the opportunities you provide for an international teenager to experience living in the US
- Promote mutual cultural understanding, bringing different nationalities together to share ideas and compare values
- Create global unity through relationships gained by the exchange process